Another Black Talon

Anything about the various Talon model guitars
Julz
Heartfield Student
Australia

Another Black Talon

Post by Julz »

Just added another V to my collection. Purchased from a local seller. I'd usually pass on a black Talon (I have enough in that colour) but this was in such pristine, as-new condition I couldn't resist. The original hardcase was equally mint and the price was fair.

I think I'll be playing this one, it has an amazing neck and super low action. Not a fan of reverse headstocks so I may consider trading for a Midnight Blue, Mystic White or Frost Red Talon IV in the future.

Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Another Black Talon

Post by Richard »

It looks ridiculously pristine, congratulations! What's the serial, plz?
--
Black Fender-labelled DR-6
Warmoth-based Fender Stratocaster
Positive Grid Spark 40 amp
Looking for a black Fender-labelled Talon V
http://www.karsmakers.nl
Julz
Heartfield Student
Australia

Post by Julz »

I thought it might be worth a mention, just like the Talon IV I purchased a couple of years ago, this V also had some peculiar body contours. Both the heel and horn edges received extra attention from the sanding department. I'd like to know if this was a quirk of an individual builder, specific to certain models or a production update at a point in time. If anyone out there reading this has a Talon I, II or III with the same curves, I'd like to know about it. 🧐

It probably doesn't seem a like a big deal to many but the mystique surrounding this brand helps feed my curiosity even over minor details.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

This extra sanding quirk is not known, really, but I guess it makes yours extra special.
And...your pictures are no longer visible. Trying to add to the mystique? :D
If you add serial number info on that other axe, I could add it to the model remarks in the serial numbers database. If you also have a 'regular' model,I can even build it in the axe identifier so that future owners can tell if theirs received this extra attention or not.
--
Julz
Heartfield Student
Australia

Post by Julz »

Hey Richard. You can't see the pics? That strange, they're visible in my browser. I even cleared the cache and they're loading fine. Are you using Chrome?

After investigating the serials on both 'curvy' talons, the only thing they have in common is the build year 1991 (L1XXXX and E1XXXX).
For some perspective, my other black TA-V which has they typical 'regular' shaping on the heel & horns has a serial K1XXXX.

I sent a message to Jim Donahue last week asking about it but didn't get a response.

Who knows, it could be a very common variant. I guess most Talon owners own just the one model so with nothing to compare with, they probably wouldn't notice such a detail.
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Richard »

Maybe you can send me the pictures with the info to my email address? it's r at karsmakers dot nl.
--

Return to “Talon”