Just found out what I have

Anything about the wide variety of RR model guitars
JMLPilgrim
United States of America

Just found out what I have

Post by JMLPilgrim »

I recently received a beat up old guitar from a guy I jammed with a few times. He was a drummer and probably not the original owner as he didn't know anything about it. It didn't hold a tune so he didn't want it. After searching for it online I found this site and realized that I got a 1991 Hartfield RR-58 in Emerald Green Translucent. 💚 The only issue with it is the tuning peg for the high E string won't hold a tune and constantly slips. Is this repairable so I can use this guitar? It has a great sound! Any info on the specs available? https://www.reddit.com/r/fender/comment ... &context=3
ctreitzell
Heartfield Novice
United States of America

Re: Just found out what I have

Post by ctreitzell »

Wow, that guitar is a bit beaten up, eh?

Also interesting, on my RR8s, it has RR on the headstock face and Heartfield on the truss rod cover;
this RR58 is the other way around...are they all like that?
I don't see a serial number on your guitar...is it a prototype?

replacing the tuner for the smallest gauge string should be doable. I wonder if internal parts could be replaced rather than replacing just the tuning machine entirely because the new nylon washer won't match the old yellowed ones on the other tuning machines
Todd Reitzell
syncanonymousTODD soundcloud
TWITTER
ipad remote control creator for CyberTwinFE&SE_ Gibson Byrdland & ES-355_HeartfieldRR8_StratMIJ
TriAxis_PCM81_GSP2101&WH1_Peavey RockMaster_VHT2562 & 2902

Return to “RR”